at wilkes university, you’ll join a family of colonels dedicated to helping you thrive—both in college and in life. our first step is to guide you through the admissions process. we’re thrilled that you’re considering wilkes.
how to apply
fall 2021: wilkes university is test-optional for fall 2021 applicants for all majors. you have the option to choose whether or not to submit test scores.
the university accepts a limited number of applications for the spring semester. procedures are similar to those followed in the fall semester.
holistic approach to admission
with a focus on promoting college access and equality in the admissions review process, wilkes university conducts a holistic review on each applicant. our philosophy is to look beyond grade-point average and test scores to understand the achievements and influences that have contributed to each student’s journey. this approach allows wilkes university to make a fair and informed admissions decision for each student.
wilkes university considers applications on a rolling basis. that means that you’ll receive your admissions decision within a few weeks of the university receiving all your application materials.
if you are confident that wilkes university’s unique blend of big-school opportunities and personalized attention is right for you, you may want to apply early decision.
committing early to becoming colonel comes with several advantages:
- priority housing, based on preference and availability
- advanced registration for courses within your intended field of study
- access to department faculty for an early advising session
- scholarship priority with early fafsa submission
don’t like waiting? apply via instant decision!
schedule a private admissions appointment during the week. apply online and then bring your official transcripts and sat/act scores (if submitting them) with you. as you tour campus, an admission counselor will review your file and provide an admission decision before you head home. high school seniors may apply instant decision starting sept. 15 each year.
aug. 1 online application opens for first-year students.
oct. 1 free application for federal student aid (fafsa) form opens, allowing students, including high school seniors, to begin applying for financial aid.
nov. 15 early decision applications are due.
may 1 admitted students should declare their intent to enroll in the entering class by forwarding a $300 tuition deposit to the office of admissions by may 1. this deposit will be applied directly to the first tuition bill.
all high school students applying for admission to wilkes university must have completed at least the following course requirements* before enrollment:
- four years of english
- three years of mathematics
- two years of science (including a laboratory component)
- three years of social studies
*if you have not taken these courses, you may still qualify for admission. an admissions counselor will work directly with you to request additional information for admissions consideration and ensure you are prepared for college work.
some academic programs at wilkes require additional course preparation for admission:
- science-related programs (pre-pharmacy, neuroscience, all majors in the college of
science and engineering):
- mathematics courses in algebra ii, geometry and trigonometry with four years of mathematics preferred
- nursing majors
- mathematics course work must include algebra
- science course work must include biology and chemistry
several programs require auditions, portfolio review or interview:
- digital design and media art (bachelor of fine arts option only)
- portfolio of essay and artworks
- f.a. application
- pre-pharmacy guaranteed-seat program
- interview with department faculty for qualified students
- theatre arts and musical theatre majors
- audition and interview with department faculty
- theatre design and technology majors
- portfolio and interview with department faculty
get to know wilkes better before you visit in person. view every aspect of campus and hear what current students have to say about wilkes in our virtual tour.